Nursing care is a significant part of ensuring the health and wellness of our participants. Worldshine seeks part-time and full-time RNs, CNAs, CMTs for a variety of nursing positions.
RN job description:
- Establishes and maintains communication with each participant’s physician.
- Provides emergency and ongoing medical care to participants.
- Assists the Program/Nursing Director in the development and review of the participant’s plan of care.
- Administers physician ordered medications and treatments.
- Provides ongoing assessments of each participant’s physical and psychosocial status.
- Documents participant records at least monthly. Examples of documentation include, but are not limited to observations on health and functional status of participants, incidents, conversations with physician or family members/legal representatives, and similar information in accordance with accepted standards under the Maryland Nurse Practice Act.
- Assists the Program/Nursing Director in the supervision of program assistants as they perform personal care responsibilities.
- Provides counselling to participants and caregivers regarding health related issues.
- Assists in the provision of educational programs to participants, caregivers, staff, and volunteers.
- Maintains regular contact with caregivers to discuss participant progress and changes in function.
- Assist, as necessary, in the delivery of other required program services.
- May assist in developing and amending health policies.
- Supervises the daily work of CNA, CMT, and medical translator.
- Completes monthly note.
- Completes ADCAPS every 120 days or as needed.
- Completes progress note.
- Completes physician order every 180 days.
- Performs direct patient care.
- Review and signs Medication Administration Record (MAR) monthly.
- Stays up to date with DHMH’s regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional and friendly attitude.
- Experience in health care.
CNA job description:
- Requires awareness of areas which make participants subject to abuse and prevent such abuse.
- Maintains open lines of communication among nursing, departments, supervisors, and families.
- Requires awareness of safety issues and strives to accomplish all responsibilities in a safe manner. Consistently reinforces good safety attitudes and practices displayed by other staff members.
- Controls, prepares, and administers treatments and medications with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects of the nursing care provided.
- Functions as a knowledgeable and supportive committee member upon request by the Director of Nursing to maintain high levels of health care.
- Completes all documentation for assessments, observations, planning evaluation, orders by physicians, and care provided to participants.
- Utilizes professional assessment skills to identify physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of participants and patients. Develops a care plan as well to meet these needs in a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Maintains a positive environment.
- Functions as a resource person and mentor to peers and subordinates to maintain professional nursing standards.
- Acts on participants’ behalf to assure patient rights and is preventive of participants’ abuse.
- Maintains the refrigerator temperature log.
- Maintains the glucometer calibration log.
- Takes clients’ vital signs as physician order.
- Takes glucose finger stick POC as physician order.
- Performs direct patient care including: rounding, toileting, feeding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- State Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
- Current CPR (American Heart Association).
- Nursing degree from a CNA program.
- Ability to think and work independently with direction, and communicates well with staff members in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current identification.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent personal hygiene.
If you are interested in any of the positions listed above, please send an email to Becky Jia – email@example.com