Why Adult Medical Day Care?
Adult day care is an important care option for family caregivers who give in-home care for elderly relatives, disabled adults, friends, or neighbors.
Some families do not want to move a loved one into a nursing home facility, one reason being a high cost of care. However, adult day care centers like Worldshine can provide high-quality specialized care for them during the day at a much lower rate.
Adult day cares costs can also be covered by qualifying government programs, which promote healthy and unconfined independent lifestyles.
Adult day care programs monitor and provide companionship to elders and adults for a short period of time during the day, so their family members or regular caregivers can take a break or focus on other responsibilities.
If your loved one is not able to care for themselves or perform routine daily activities, they may need adult day care. However, getting help with daily tasks and costs of care are not the only important reasons why many seniors and their families opt for adult day care services.
Seniors and Adults Who Need Medication Management and Meal Services
- It is common for seniors to forget to take medications or take additional doses because they don’t remember taking it the first time. Either way, the consequences of improper usage is very serious and life-threatening. For seniors who need help to monitor medications, adult day care can ensure that no bad consequences will happen to those with improper usage.
- Proper amounts of nutrition consumed is critical to a senior’s health. Eating a well-balanced diet can help seniors maintain a healthy weight and stay energized which lowers the risk of developing chronic health conditions.
Seniors and Adults Who Have Alzheimer's Disease, Memory Loss and Other Medical Complications
- Living alone at home all day without supervision is not safe for loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease or any other medical disabilities. Adult day care centers can ensure that anyone with these disabilities can receive the best quality care with highly trained staff on site.
- For participants who need chronic care management, adult day care centers will offer observation, health monitoring, therapeutic diets, personal care (including bathing), medication administration, and assistance with mobility (wheelchairs).
Seniors and Adults Who Feel Isolated
- Lynn Hampstead, 78, attends adult day care as a way to meet up with friends and peers for social engagement. “I was lonely at home all day while my daughter’s family was out. They went to work and school, and I just sat there without much to do.” Lynn admits that when her daughter first suggested the idea, she was reluctant. However after going to adult day care for some time, she now enjoys spending time with her new peers and getting out of the house.
Seniors and Adults Who Feel Depressed
- For those like Lynn, feelings of isolation can lead to loneliness and eventually depression. Over time, long-term depression can also cause other health complications. Routinely scheduled activity even as little as two or three times a week gives participants something to look forward to and help prevent feelings of loneliness and depression.
If you’re an adult child of a parent or a family member with needs, you know that giving care 24/7 is exhausting.
Worldshine AMDC offers services for family members on any work schedule, or those with additional obligations like child-rearing. Worldshine AMDC is the perfect solution!
Benefits for the older adult:
- We provide a safe, secure environment in which seniors and adults can spend the day. We offer enjoyable and educational activities as well.
- Appropriate physical exercise can help to reduce falls and increase flexibility which ensures a safer and healthier lifestyle.
- Meaningful social interaction can improve both mental and physical health, preventing or delaying cognitive decline.
- Mental and social stimulation during the day can improve the quality of sleep at night.
- Participation in our variety of activities may even enhance or maintain levels of independence. This promotes living at home longer by relieving caregiver fatigue and prevents a dependent only lifestyle.
- Having control over what activities you participate in can bolster your self-esteem.
- We offer the chance to build new friendships and enjoyment through peer support.
Benefits for family member:
- Seeking support and maintaining your own health are key to managing your role as a caregiver. There is no need for hesitation to use the services of an adult day care center to give you some time to yourself.
- Taking regular breaks from the demands of caregiving can reduce your stress levels and help you to avoid burnout.
- Using an adult day care facility can enable you to focus on working, attend school, or devote more time to other family members.
- Adult day cares can give you peace of mind knowing that your loved one isn’t home alone but is in a supervised and safe environment.