Location: Germantown, MD or Beltsville, MD
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Performs any combination of the following duties to maintain kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Segregates/removes garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Steam-cleans or hoses-out garbage cans.
- Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in a bottle-crushing machine.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or conveyors to dishwashing machine.
- Polishes silverware using a burnishing-machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
- Holds inverted glass over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand truck.
- Sets up banquet tables.
- Washes and peels vegetables using a knife or peeling machine.
- Loads or unloads trucks that are picking up or delivering supplies and food.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working experience as a kitchen helper.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Proactivity and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and maintain schedule while responding to incidents.
If you are interested in any of the positions listed above, please send an email to email@example.com or give a call to Bing Xia at 301-693-7027.