Location: Germantown, MD or Beltsville, MD
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Performs any combination of following duties to maintain kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition: Sweeps and mops floors.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Steam-cleans or hoses-out garbage cans.
- Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in a bottle-crushing machine.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
- Polishes silver, using a burnishing-machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
- Holds inverted glasses over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand truck.
- Sets up banquet tables.
- Washes and peels vegetables, using a knife or peeling machine.
- Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven working experience as a kitchen helper
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Proactivity and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask and maintain schedule while responding to incident
If you are interested in any of the position listed above, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give a call to Bing Xia at 301-693-7027